Nicola Terry's Publications
Journal publications and book chapters
- Palmer, J. and Terry, N. (2022) Looking Critically at Heat Loss Through Party Walls Sustainability 14(5) Available online: https://doi.org/10.3390/su14053072
- Terry, N. 2019. Chapter 6 - Housing tenure and thermal quality of homes — How home ownership affects access to energy services. In: Galvin, R. ed. Inequality and Energy: How Extremes of Wealth and Poverty in High Income Countries Affect CO2 Emissions and Access to Energy. Elsevier pp 115-143
- Ray Galvin, Nicola Terry (2016)
Selling energy savings in the United Kingdom: A case study of top–down pro-environmental behaviour change in commercial office buildings
Energy Research and Social Science 11(1) pp155-163. Available online https://doi.org/10.1016/j.erss.2015.10.001
- Terry N, Palmer J (2015)
Trends in Home Computing and Energy Demand.
Building Research and Information 44(2) pp175-187. Available online http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09613218.2015.1040284
- Godoy-Shimizu D, Palmer J, Terry N, (2014).
What can we learn from the Household Electricity Survey?
Buildings 4(4), 737-761
- N. Terry and Palmer J.(2019)
- N. Terry and Palmer J.(2019)
Defining ‘Cost Effectiveness’ for Energy Efficiency
Improvements in Buildings
- Palmer J., Terry N., Johnston D., Miles-Shenton D., Gorse C. and Pope P. (2019)
Cavity Party Walls: Measuring U-values
- Palmer J., Terry N. (2017)
Solid Wall Insulation: Best Practice and Innovation.
- Palmer J., Terry N., Peter A. (2016)
Building Performance Evaluation: Findings from non-domestic projects.
London: Innovate UK
- Palmer J, Terry N, First S and Leslie I (2015)
Costing Monitoring Equipment for a Longitudinal Energy Survey
- Palmer J, Terry N, Fould C. (2015)
Warm and Green: Achieving affordable, low carbon energy while reducing impacts on the countryside
- Palmer J, Terry N, Armitage P, Godoy-Shimizu D (2014)
[Energy] Savings, beliefs and demographic change.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/326075/Electricity_Survey_2_-_Savings__beliefs__demographics_150514.pdf (accessed 13 August 2014)
- Palmer J, Terry N (2014)
Powering the Nation 2: Electricity use in homes, and how to reduce it.
- Terry N, Palmer J, Godoy-Shimizu D, Firth, S, Kane T, Tillson A (2014)
Further Analysis of the Household Electricity Survey: Lighting study;
DECC: London, UK.
- Palmer, J., Terry N., Firth S., Kane T., Godoy-Shimuzu D. and Pope P. (2013)
Energy use at home: models, labels and unusual appliances.
- Palmer J, Terry N., Kane T., Firth S., Hughes M., Pope P., Young J., Knight D. and Godoy-Shimuzu D. (2013)
Electrical Appliances at Home: Tuning in to energy saving.
- Palmer J, Terry N, Kane T (2013)
Further Analysis of the Household Electricity Use Survey: Early findings – demand side management.
- Palmer J, Terry N, Pope P (2012)
How much energy could be saved by changing everyday household behaviours?
- Terry N, Palmer J, Cooper I (2012)
DCLG State-of-the-Art Review: Insulation and Thermal Storage Materials
, London: DCLG
- Terry N. (2011)
Energy and carbon emissions: the way we live today